Friday, March 7, 2014

Great little story

The other night during my children's bedtime ritual of making up little stories before lights out, my 4 year old daughter told this story;

"Once upon a time there was a book named Bob and he could read himself. It was really great because he was a story and he could read his own story to himself....."

And she went on to tell us his little adventure.

Later on I couldn't help but think about those first lines... he could read himself. What an excellent metaphor. If people were books and we could read ourselves..... Know your own story. Sometimes I think we get so distracted by life, we forget our own story. I don't mean, what we ate for lunch, but what we're really doing here on Earth. What is the story we need to know about ourselves?

Something to think about.....

No comments:

Post a Comment